Friday, May 21, 2010

Mom's Latest Dr. Visit....

I called mom today to see what her doctor said at her appointment in Nashville. I thought she went to see her MS doctor but instead it was with her maxo-facial surgeon or something like that. She goes to him now to work out the issues with her TMJ....
Apparently she was told yesterday that she has to have braces put on her teeth to help re-adjust her jaws. Those will stay on and be adjusted monthly for about 12 months. Following that will be a surgery to aid the jaw repair. Then braces again for several more months. All in all the doctor said the process would take about 24 months.
Mom had good spirits about this news she was joking about how the doctor said that she had elongated jaws and a big chin (and if that leads anyone to get visions of some deformity just scroll down and look at my mom's pic in an earlier post, she is the most beautiful woman I know)! LOL, she said that she called my grandparents after the appointment to thank them for having genes that didn't mix well. She is silly!

Oh yeah, she also invited me to go Sunday to watch the new Shrek movie. I do love a good 3D movie!

1 comment: